The SPAYHA website contains a tab called DIBS where SPAYHA members can view available openings and claim service hours throughout the 2017-2018 season. When claiming DIBS, SPAYHA members should note only one person per DIBS session. SPAYHA member volunteers will only be credited for the number of hour’s documented per DIBS session.
Please Note: Service hours credits that have been completed/earned are not allowed to be transferred from one SPAYHA member to another. Each SPAYHA member is required to complete their own service hour requirements.
Please Note: Should a family have more than one skater at a different level, the service hour requirements will default to (25) service hours per family; should one of the skaters fall within a level that requires fundraising, then fundraising IS required. This does not change the amount of hours credited for Team Representatives or Assistant Coaches. For example... should you have one skater at U8 and one skater at Squirt and you are the U8 Team Representative you will only earn 10 hours for being the U8 Team Representative.
All service hour requirements for the 2017-2018 season must be COMPLETED or CLAIMED on DIBS or bought out prior to State Play Downs. Those families that fail to comply will result in the skater(s) not being allowed to skate at State Play Downs or at State. In addition, the skater(s) will not be allowed to hit the ice for any remaining practices, games or tournaments (including State) following State Play Downs until the service hour requirements are satisfied.
All service hours for the 2017-2018 season must be completed by March 31, 2018; SPAYHA members will be charged a fee of $25.00 per uncompleted service hour for any hours not completed by March 31, 2018.
Buyout option details:
SPAYHA members may choose to BUY OUT of their required service hours. Early bird buyout is an option and is offered at a discounted rate of $15.00 per hour through October 1, 2017. On or after October 2, 2017 the buyout rate increases to a rate of $20.00 per required service hour.
Examples of eligible service hours include…
1. OLYMPIA DRIVERS: (15) minutes per resurfacing. To receive service hour credit, SPAYHA members must sign their complete name legibly and check the box on the Olympia log sheet found in the Olympia room indicating they are requesting service hour credit.
2. CONCESSIONS: Hour for hour service hour credit.
Please note: Any SPAYHA member signed up to work concessions and concessions closes unexpectedly (within 24 hours of the claimed DIBS session) will receive full credit for the service hours claimed (24 Hour rule). Any SPAYHA member that claims a DIBS session and fails to meet their obligation of the DIBS session will be billed $25.00 per hour for the hours claimed (No show rule). DIBS does allow a SPAYHA member up to (14) days prior to a claimed DIBS sessions to opt out if unable to fulfill the session through a cancellation request (14 day rule). Should a SPAYHA member need to opt out of a claimed DIBS sessions within (14) days of the claimed DIBS session, it becomes the respective SPAYHA member’s responsibility to find a replacement for the DIBS session claimed.
3. RIVERFRONT RENDEVOUS: Hour for hour service hour credit, except for fire work night. Fire work night is double hours.
4. JERSEY HAND OUT FOR TRY OUTS: Hour for hour service hour credit.
5. FUNDRAISING HAND OUT: Hour for hour service hour credit.
6. COACHING: TRAVELING TEAMS- The HEAD coach of any Travel Team will receive full service hour credits. Up to (3) ASSISTANT coaches named per Travel Team or High School Team will receive (20) service hours credit; Up to (3) ASSISTANT coaches named per U8 team will receive (10) service hours credit. ALL Coaches must be named on the official team roster or must be named by the coaching committee in order to receive service hour credits.
7. OUT OF SEASON COACHING: Coaches who volunteer out of season will receive hour for hour service hour credit. Examples include “3 on 3”, “Fall Tune Ups”, and “Travel Team Evaluations”.
8. SPAYHA BOARD MEMBERS: All SPAYHA Board members will receive service hour credits based on the highest level of skater per family, less (5) service hours. All SPAYHA Board members are required to complete (5) service hours in concessions.
9. CONCESSION STAND OPENER/CLOSER: Opener/closer will receive hour for hour service hour credit for service hours completed. Position must be approved prior to signing up on dibs. See concession board member/concession manager.
10. TEAM REPRESENTATIVES: All Team Representatives will receive (10) service hour credits for U8 and (20) service hour credits for a Travel Team or High School Team. All Team Representatives are required to complete (5) service hours in concessions.
11. SUMMER GAMES: Hour for hour service hour credit. SPAYHA sometimes contracts with user groups that need volunteers to run the time clock and perform score keeping duties.
12. AS REQUEDTED VIA AN EMAIL BLAST. Please watch for emails regarding service hour opportunities. Many times there is a need for volunteers to perform miscellaneous duties at the rink. The amount of service hour credit will be noted at the time of the email.
Example of Non-eligible service hours include…
1. No service hour credit is awarded for score keeper, time clock, and/or penalty box for regular season games.
2. No service hour credit is awarded when it is a team’s "week to clean the rink".